Welcome to sewmuchchoice! This is my new blog and is being set up alongside an etsy shop. Essentially this has been created because I have been enjoying making various different items for friends and family members for a number of years and many of them have commented that I could sell the things I make, so I thought why not?
Although the main focus of my crafting is sewing (hand and machine) I am also open to trying out a variety of different crafts. I am a massive fan of Amy Butler, loving her fabrics and her patterns which I have always found very easy to follow.
This blog has been developed as part of my new years resolution, which is essentially to start selling some of my craft items. I aim to use this blog for the following:
1) To document how well the development of the esty shop and selling of craft item is coming along
2) For tutorials of some of the items that I make
3) To document how the various items I make for family, friends and myself are coming along.
Some craft history:
1) I have been making and upcycling my clothes for so many years I can’t really say how long for, however I do remember making a rather fetching pair of sequined flares when I was in year nine (age 13).
2) Last year’s new year resolution was to not buy any clothes but to instead make any clothes that I wanted, this was not entirely successful (I decided I could not make some jeans). During 2011 I made several skirts, a dress for a friends’ wedding (for me to wear, not her), a knitted jumper, some socks, a general everyday wear dress, a top (from Amy Butler patterns) and attempted a hat (however it was far too small for me that it now belongs to a person with a much smaller head).
3) For Christmas I usually make the gifts that I give, previous gifts that I have made include, placemats and napkins, a handbag, make-up brush role, various pictures, cushions, a matching collar, lead and harness, scarves, gloves, jams, a pin board and pet gifts.
Throughout this year I will report how the development of the etsy shop goes and also feature some of the crafts that I do at home, some things that will definitely feature are:
1) A dress and fascinator – my sister “C” is getting married in August and I will want to make myself a new outfit.
2) A changing bag – my friend is having a baby in March and has asked me to design and make a changing bag.
3) Knitted jumper – I am joining a local craft group this month, where you take along a craft and complete it alongside other people, I thought I would take this opportunity to finish a jumper for myself that I have been working on for a while.
4) A decopatch jewellery box – sister “C” gave me a plain wooden box for Christmas and I will be decorating this up to use as a jewellery box.
5) A bathmat – we have struggled to find one that we both like so I will make one.