Changing Bag – Finishing the exterior

Today I continued working on the changing bag that I am making for my friend. Previously I had completed one panel of the exterior. The first thing that I did today was attach the piping around the other exterior panel.

I then attached the zip to the pieces that I cut out previously. I did this by attaching the right side of the zip to the right side of the fabric and stitching it together and then repeating it on the other side

Next, I attached the zip to the top of one of the panels, this was donr by placing them right side together and stitching really close to the piping.

I then attached the bottom of the bag to the same panel by placing them right side together and stitching close to the piping.

I then made the fabric attachments for the D-rings. I did this by cutting out a small piece of fabric, holding it in half right sides together and sewing along the edge (to make a tube), I then turned it right side out. I made two of these, one for each d-ring.

I then attached the side parts to the main panels, sewing in the d-ring attachments at the same time. This meant that one panel had the top, sides and bottom done all the way around

I finally attached the other side panel to the top, side and bottom. This was done by turning the exterior inside out so that the panel and side, top and bottom were right sides together. This is the finished exterior from the front.

This is it from the back

and this is it from the top

I have finished this for today now, but will work on it at the weekend, aiming to get the interior started.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s