Today I decided that I would like to use up some of my fabric scraps to make something new. I had a look through all of my sewing books and settled on a project from:
I have only had this book for a couple of weeks, I brought it after buying the previous 101 way to Sew a Metre which I loved. This new one is even better because it has ways to sew different types of fabric and I have already gone through and decided which of the projects I can do to make my Christmas presents this year.
Today I decided that I would sew the project called Bees Knees Pocket Bag. The fabric that I wanted to use I did not have a metre of so i combined it with some fabric left over from the Sorbetto Top.
This is the finished bag from the front:
And this is it from the back:
I altered the lining slightly so that I had two small pockets on one side and a big pocket on the other (you can’t really see this on the photo because it is in the fabric as the lining):
I am pleased with the bag and will be putting it aside into the gift box.