Lining The Eco Dress – Butterick 5882

Today I have been working on the lining of the Butterick 5882 dress that I am making out of recycled fabric. The lining for the bodice was relatively easy to cut out but the lining for the skirt presented a few more problems, firstly I did not have enough of the bed sheet left to go the full width of any of the skirt pieces. Because this is an eco challenge I really wanted to make the most put of the fabric I had to hand and therefore created a sort of patchwork to cut the pattern from:

20130530-201601.jpg

The skirt consists of seven pattern pieces and I could get five from the sheet once I had sewn it together. The other two pattern pieces for the skirt came from the man’s shirt that I used to make the bra section. This has meant that the majority of both the sheet and shirt have been used, resulting in very little waste.

I managed to complete the skirt lining and attach it to the dress:

20130530-201908.jpg

I then managed to insert the zip. It was my first time using the invisible zipper foot….wow, it makes the zip insertion very easy!

20130530-202952.jpg

I finally started the bodice lining including adding the boning:

20130530-203041.jpg

This is how the dress is currently looking, all that is left is to add the bodice lining and hem it. Then I’ll work on the coffee filter flowers:

20130530-203444.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s