Accessorising the Eco Dress – Butterick 5882

Now that I have finished the eco dress I have been working on the accessories to go with it. Firstly the dress is that beautiful kind of style that looks wonderful with a net underskirt to take full advantage of the circle skirt. Miss Cambridgeshire gave me a tutu she wore to her final dance exam and asked if I could alter it into an underskirt. I wish I had taken some before shots of the tutu but got all carried away.

The first thing I did was cut out the inside (the swimming costume type bit). I then made a waist band:

20130612-193556.jpg

As odd as it sounds I used the waist band pattern from the pyjamas I made last year. I used some of the left over sheet to make the waistband. I then cut of a fair bit of lenght so the skirt would just show beneath the dress. Here is the finished underskirt:

20130612-193747.jpg

The final thing to do was make up a little something to put into her hair. I used simple Kirkby grips and made up a coffee filter flower to go onto the grip. In order to help sew the flower onto the grip I used a small piece of net underneath the flower…the net of course was from the bottom of the tutu…all recycled here!

20130612-193932.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s