Here is my third version, a nice simple grey one:
This time I made the long sleeve version because it is made in a much heavier fabric and I wanted something suitable for winter. I have done the same alteration in the bodice as my previous two, taking one inch off the length of the body.
I also decided I wanted the skirt to be a bit longer so I could wear it with my knee high boots so I added three inches onto the lenght.
It now goes pretty perfectly with my boots. I did have two mishaps with this make however, firstly because I extended the skirt I found out, after cutting out the skirt that I did not have enough material left for the front of the bodice which is meant to be cut on the fold. I there cut out two halves with a bit extra and have ended up with a seam down the middle of the front. I am not too worried about this mishap, it adds quite a nice bit of detailing to the front of a simple dress.
My second mishap happened when I attached the neckband onto the dress, I don’t know how I managed it but it was massively wonky. The only thing I could do was take it off but because I had overlocker it the seam had been cut, I therefore had to cut out another neckband piece and the neckline is lower on this dress than my previous two:
Again as mishaps go this wasn’t too bad, the neckline isn’t obscene so it is still perfectly wearable. I have already worn this dress twice, once to the knitting and stitching show and then again to Newmarket Races, it is surprisingly warm so a great make for the cooler months. I have also teamed the dress up with another make that I am very excited about, more on that tomorrow.