I have been somewhat quiet over the last few days on the blogging front, mainly due to work and wanting to get things all sorted before the long bank holiday and a week off in a couple of weeks time. I have still been crafting, just not getting around to blogging about my makes. Today I thought I would share with you all the activities that I got up to over the weekend and then one project that I have finished.
To start the weekend, S, Little One and I made our way to Hastings to visit some friends that moved out of London at the start of the year. They have a dog too so Little One loves going down to visit, because they haven’t seen each other since the move we thought we best let them meet up outside of the house so they could have a good play together, this worked a treat and the playing continued for the weekend. On Sunday we took them both to Camber Sands, I have never been before but it was perfect. Here is Little One and Rudy playing on the sand:
Then on Monday we took them to Hastings Beach, Little One had her first swim in the sea which I found slightly terrifying and tired herself out, ready for the trip back to London.
Yesterday, we joined in some of the Jubilee festivities and went along to Hyde Park to watch the celebrations on the big screen. It was amazing seeing so many people gathered for the same occasion and the rain did not dampen spirits. Little One was a bit unsure of the rain so when I put up the umbrella she clambered onto my lap for protection…she is convinced she is a lap dog and has no appreciation that despite her name she is not exactly suited to this:
They this morning I received the exciting news that my friends’ baby arrived early this morning. They had a little girl so I managed to use up some fabric that I have been waiting ages to use:
I had a look through the sewing books on my shelf for some inspiration and settled on a newborn jacket from the 101 ways with a metre:
I had to alter the pattern slightly because it was for a multidirectional print meaning that the pattern was attached at the shoulder seams, I separated the front from the back and added in enough fabric for a 1/2inch seam allowance.
This is the finished jacket:
And a close up of the neck:
I added a button onto the neck closure (which is done with an internal snap) because I was not too happy with the bias binding on the corners. This was a very quick project meaning it was perfect for finishing off today and posting to my friends.