S is currently away and has been since the start of August, he will return the day before my sister’s wedding so I think I am probably almost as excited about the wedding as her.
Whilst he has been away I decided that I would take the opportunity to do a bit of decoration. I decided to do it whilst he was away because he works from home it would disrupt his working massively if it was done whilst he was here because the only place the bedroom furniture can be removed to is the office.
The bedroom was the standard magnolia that comes with all new build flats, we had previously had a handy man fit the picture rail. I started off by single handedly removing all of the furniture from the bedroom….this was probably the hardest part of the whole job.
I then painted the walls, doing three walls grey and the wall which the bed goes on lilac:
As you can see Little One got involved in the whole operation, she was generally fine but at some point she ended up with a grey tipped ear.
I then took the head board off the bed and covered it in the material that I was going to make the curtains in, this was done very simply with a staple gun:
I then made the curtains and moved everything back into the room:
The curtains are lined with blackout material as S finds the morning sun wakes him up very early in the summer.
The picture above the bed is something that I made using photoshop for S as part of his Christmas present, it documents Little One’s first year:
I am generally very pleased with the bedroom, the only things left to do are:
1) The curtain tape did not come with enough front facing rings so I have asked for more and when these arrive I can finish off the curtain and then screw the balls onto the end of the curtain rail.
2) I would like to cover a lampshade in the same fabric as the curtain and headboard to hang
3) Change the bed sheets to grey.