Tag Archive | New Look 6726

The Corduroy Dress – All Finished

Last weekend I started a corduroy dress that I worked on in stages. The last time I left it I had put in the zip and hemmed it which meant that the only job left was to do the decorative top stitching, which I managed to finish today.

Here is a close up of the stitching:

I am particularly pleased with my lining in this project, I know no one can see the inside but it is always satisfying when the inside looks finished too:

This is a photo of the dress on the mannequin:

And finally a couple of photos of me wearing the finished dress:

I feel that this dress fits really nicely and I am pleased with the decision to do the top stitching in white, it seems to add a really nice bit of detail. The dress was very easy to make (with the exception of my pickiness with the zip).

Finally I have a photo of little one, she has been very good today. I took her out for a couple of hours this morning around the nature reserve and she slept whilst I was completing my studying and then stayed close but (uncharacteristically) calm whilst I was did the dress, she deserves a biscuit!

The Corduroy Dress – Adding the Zip and Hemming

Today I managed to do a little bit more work on the corduroy dress that I started a few days ago.

I was thinking that I would be able to finish it in one sitting but this was not to be, mainly because I have put in the zip a total of three times and taken it out twice!

Today I have hemmed the dress:

Finally inserted the zip:

All that is left now is the decorative top stitching around the neck and arms. This is how the dress is currently looking from the front:

And from the back:

Although it was frustrating putting in and taking out the zip a few times, I am pleased that I did because the back now matches up perfectly. I’ll post on the finished project, complete with top stitching later in the week.

The Corduroy Dress – Not Quite There

Yesterday I started making a dress form some fabric that I had had for ages. My aim was to finish it today but alas I did not quite manage it. I worked on the dress for a couple of hours this morning and then decided to take advantage of the sunshine and head to the woods with S and Little One.

Today I managed to insert the lining into the bodice:

 

Make up the pockets:

Attach the pocket and make up the bottom part of the dress:

And attached the bottom of the dress to the bodice:

This means that all I have left to do is, attach the zip, hem it and then do the decorative top stitching…..maybe I ‘ll start studying a bit late?

Starting a Corduroy Dress

I seem to be on somewhat of a sewing frenzy at the minute, really I just want to take advantage of my free time, my next module starts on Monday so I will loss precious crafting time again.

Today I decided that I would like to use the cord fabric that I have had for ages…I can not for the life of me remember what I brought this for. I have a look through patterns that I have and settled on this one:

I have decided to make dress c, this dress has pockets on and I thought that using a little bit of patterned fabric on the top of the pocket would add a nice bit of detail.

So far today I have cut out the fabric:

This it the material that I have cut out for the pocket detail (you may recognise it):

At the end of today I have managed to make the bodice, I have been incredibly brave and decided that I will do white top stitching….I hope that doesn’t backfire later:

I will continue with the dress tomorrow, I will need to make up the lining next and then the bottom of the dress. I am hoping to get it all finished so that it is done for my return to studying on Monday.