Tag Archive | paper

Decopatch organisation and a Gift

Back in July I decorated the hall and Upcycled a broken and rather ugly shoe cabinet. This weekend I decided to work on sorting out my magazines and realised that the bottom of the shoe cabinet provided the perfect space to place them, I just wanted a way to do it that was nice and neat.

Firstly I brought some plain magazine files and then I used decopatch paper to decorate them up, I did two, here is the first one, complete with Craftseller magazines:


And here are the two together:


They fit pretty perfectly into the shoe cabinet and gives me plenty of space to add more files as my magazine collection grows.

I also decopatched an arch lever file for me to put all that admin we accumulate it (you know the sort, bank statements, bills etc):


The only difference with the file compared to the magazines was using the white paper meant I needed to do two layers. Here is the shoe cabinet with everything in:


I feel pretty organised now and like the way they all look together, the only downside is that the arch lever file is too wide to go in the under section of the cabinet.

Also this weekend Si returned from his work related travels and very kindly brought me a gift back, here it is:


Considering my post the other day he obviously knows me very well:


Decopatch Jewellery Box

Middle Sister brought me a wooden box as part of my Christmas gift….it was something that I asked for. I have looked for ages for a jewellery box and could not find one that I liked that was also practical, I then stumbled across wooden boxes when I was making a gift for my niece and thought…”ahh…I could make my own.”

Firstly I gathered all of my materials, the box, decopatch paper, glue, brush and scissors (I used the kitchen scissors which have now become my craft scissors):


I then cut the paper that I wanted into smallish squares, I wasn’t too exact about this but I would estimate that they were about 1 inch by 1.5 inch on average

I then brushed glue onto the box, stuck a bit of the paper on and then brush more glue over the top of the paper. I did this bit by bit because the glue dried so quickly, if I had brushed glue onto the whole it would have dried before I stuck the paper on.

The tricky bit was going over the sections that divided the drawers, I did this by firstly gluing it flat.

The cutting into the corners

I then folded the cut part into the drawer cavity and glued into place

I then built up the paper in the same way for the rest of the box. This is the back view

This is the front view

I was originally going to cover the drawers too, but I have now decided that I think this will be a bit much. I will buy some dark blue and red paint, doing the main part of the drawers blue and the handles red. I think I may also line the drawers to make it into a finished product.