Last week I completed a jumper for a friend who had a little boy in March. More or less as soon as I had finished this project another friend told me that she is expecting at the end of July, meaning that as soon as I finished the first jumper I started another one.
I again started by consulting the Little Brits in Spiffing Knits patterns:
I settled on this pattern (although I am going to knit the v-neck version) because I liked the detail at the top:
I then settled down to making a good start, this is how far I have got:
The wool is quite a rich red, which does not show up in this photo. I settled on red because my friend does not know whether she is expecting a boy or girl. I thought that red would be nice neutral colour and that I could add flower buttons or trains buttons on to the front once I know.