I am now back from my holiday, Chicago and New York were both absolutely amazing and it is somewhat of a shock to the system to be back on UK time. I managed to buy some beautiful fabric from my travels, which I’ll blog about in the next couple of day, if you have never been to the garment district…go!!
We landed in Heathrow to a beautiful covering of snow (feel quite lucky to have made it considering all the cancellations) and as soon as I saw it, I couldn’t wait to take Little One off to Epping forest. Here she is enjoying the snow:
Also I have returned to find out that I have been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, thank you so much to Avis at Oh Sew Tempting for nominating me, such a lovely thing to find out upon logging on today. It is very nice to know that people take an interest in my little blog and I am therefore going to spread the blog love and pass on the award. The rules of this award are:
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blog.
Here is the award logo:
Seven things about myself:
1. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night for thinking about what I want to sew or knit
2. The first item of clothing I ever made myself was a pair of sequin flares (I have no idea why!) when I was fifteen. I added about six inches onto the waist because I didn’t trust my measurements. I didn’t make clothes again for another twelve years
3. I drive all over for my job, I use it as a handy excuse to go to different fabric shops…just to have a look
4. If I decide to take the train I take a portable craft with me, cross stitch or knitting is perfect
5. I have a ridiculous passion for maths and numbers.
6. I dream of going to Madagascar
7. My guilty pleasure are books by Cecelia Ahern (no telling my book club!)
I’d like to nominate the following blogs. These are all blogs that I love reading and have found beautiful and inspiring in their creativity:
A Conversation With Moo
Sew Busy Lizzy
Lizzy Likes Cake